FORS GOLD COMPLIANT EQUIPMENT
all the information you need to achieve fors gold accreditation and how haultech can
WHY SHOULD YOU GO FOR FORS GOLD?
Gold accreditation is the next step for organisations attempting to prove they are operating best practice measures. This includes promoting FORS standards throughout supply chain and continuously building upon the processes put into place during FORS Gold.
Hauliers must demonstrate that improvements have been made year-on-year to operations through distance travelled and fuel usage by vehicle type, the number of road traffic collisions and any transport related fines incurred. In order to achieve FORS Gold, members must have valid FORS Bronze and Silver accreditation 45 days before their expiry date. The requirements for maintaining these levels builds on installing the correct equipment at Bronze and Silver standards.
HOW CAN HAULTECH HELP YOU ACHIEVE FORS SILVER COMPLIANCE?
HaulTech’s solutions are designed to help operators obtain the necessary equipment required to meet the standards established. Here at HaulTech, we specialise in the essential protective equipment needed for the Silver and Gold standards. All organisations going for FORS Gold need to install the following:
• Near-side vehicle camera to increase visibility of the blind spot
• Rear camera solution to increase visibility of the rear blind spot
• Close proximity side sensors with audible driver warnings to alert drivers to other road users that are located in the blind sports of a HGV
• Audible left turn warning to indicate vehicle manoeuvre
• Audible reverse warning to indicate vehicle manoeuvre
• In-cab display screen to provide drivers with a view of the blind spots through the cameras that are installed
HOW MUCH DOES THE SOLUTION COST?
Prices for the full FORS equipment stated above, including all wiring and installation start at around £1.10 per day into a rigid and £1.35 into an artic. Our dedicated team are on hand to provide you with an accurate and be-spoke quote to meet your needs and help you achieve the standard.
Due to our truly scalable solutions, increasing the visibility for your drivers and reducing road risk whilst protecting your insurance premium can be achieved through adding additional forward facing and off-side cameras. Adding these cameras to your FORS compliant equipment can be as little as an extra 25p per day for a rigid and only 10p per day for an artic.